Friday 5 December 2008

You're No One If You're Not On Twitter

I've never really used Twitter. In fact I've never heard of Twitter before. But I love Facebook though and I love updating my status to let everyone know what I'm doing right now, to let people know how I'm feeling, what I'm up to or just to put something totally random, an in-joke spread around the entirety of the Facebook network. And that's the whole idea of Twitter. It's a social networking site where users post little nuggets of information ("tweets") about anything and everything, little updates of where they're going, what they're thinking etc etc.

It sounds like a great journalistic tool and an extremely easy way of keeping in touch with contacts and finding leads for new stories. For example, Paul Bradshaw writes in this blogpost just how useful Twitter can really be.

And if you're still not convinced by Twitter, just remember...you're no one if you're not on Twitter.


Video Courtesy of youtube.com (user ihatemorningsdotcom)

No comments: